We recently held a successful first online event in collaboration with St John's Derm Academy.
On Wednesday 4th November we held a successful first online psoriasis patient and public involvement event in collaboration with St John's Derm Academy. The live webinar, 'Psoriasis, COVID-19 and Me' attracted over 160 attendees on the night, to watch informative talks about the impact of the pandemic on people who are living with psoriasis.
- An introduction from world-leading psoriasis expert and Consultant Dermatologist, Professor Jonathan Barker
- A presentation from our Chief Executive, Helen McAteer, about some of the challenges of living with psoriasis during the pandemic, as well as challenges that we have faced here at the Psoriasis Association.
- The latest insights from the PsoProtect and PsoProtectMe registries as presented by Consultant Dermatologists Professor Catherine Smith and Dr Satveer Mahil. You can read more about this here.
- A Q&A session hosted by Dermatology Consultant Nurse and Psoriasis Association trustee, Karina Jackson, in which attendees submitted their questions about psoriasis and COVID-19 to an expert panel featuring Professor Jonathan Barker, Helen McAteer, Professor Catherine Smith, Dr Satveer Mahil and Nurse Consultant in inflammatory skin disease, Lucy Moorhead.
We are extremely grateful to everyone who attended on the night, as well as the expert presenters and panel for giving up their time to present and answer questions.
We are hoping to make videos of the different presentations from the webinar available shortly for those who weren't able to attend on the night, so watch this space!
Feedback from the webinar...
- 'A huge thanks to @PsoriasisUK and @Stj_DermAcademy @PsoProtect for a really informative and useful webinar this evening. Hope there will be more in the future!'
- 'Brilliantly informative webinar this evening. Thank you so much for all your efforts put into making it so beneficial to those of us living with psoriasis at such a difficult time.'
- 'Thank you so much for such an important and informative webinar.'
- 'Very useful information. Thank you to the panel.'