02 March 2021
The Psoriasis Association achieves PIF TICK accreditation
The PIF TICK is the only UK quality mark for trustworthy health information.
We are delighted to announce that the Psoriasis Association has been awarded the PIF TICK quality mark for trustworthy health information. Our accreditation demonstrates our continued commitment to providing high quality, reliable and up-to-date information.
The PIF Tick was first launched in May 2020 to replace the former Information Standard. It was established by the Patient Information Forum (PIF) - the independent UK membership body for organisations working in health information and support - which has a 1,000-strong membership, representing over 300 cross-sector health organisations in total.
In order to be awarded the PIF TICK, we had to demonstrate that our health information has been through a professional and robust production process, meeting the following 10 criteria:
- Information is created using a consistent and documented process.
- Staff are trained and supported to produce high-quality information.
- Information meets an identified consumer need.
- Information is based on reliable, up-to-date evidence.
- Patients are involved in the development of health information.
- Information is written in plain English.
- Print and digital information is easy to use and navigate.
- Users can give feedback on information.
- Information is promoted to make sure it reaches those who need it.
- The impact of information is measured.
The PIF TICK logo can now be applied to our leaflets, information sheets and website, as well as any other information resources we produce in future that follow the certified production process.
Helen McAteer, Chief Executive of the Psoriasis Association, said:"The Psoriasis Association has always been fully committed to providing information of the highest quality that is not only accurate, up-to-date and relevant but also presented in the most accessible way in order to be easily understood. We work closely with clinical experts and people with lived experiences of psoriasis / psoriatic arthritis and the associated treatments in order to ensure that we continue to produce information of the highest standard. We are very pleased to have been awarded the PIF TICK so that people can be confident the information we produce is always reliable, accurate and has been through a professional and robust production process."
You can read more about the PIF TICK scheme here.