Are there people still active?

Posted Sun 4 Jan 2015 23.52 by Kat8
I have psoriasis on my scalp, small patches on the sides of my face, and some parts of my ears.

I'm not sure if we even had a proper diagnosis but my sister and I have psoriasis due to genetics. As far as I know, my sister and I are the only ones affected out of 6 kids. My dad has both eczema and psoriasis. His eczema is in his face and psoriasis on his legs. I'm wondering why is it that my little sister's psoriasis is more severe than mine? I have psoriasis on my scalp and some on my ears and sides of my face, and yet it's barely noticeable and it's not even red and irritated. My sister's case is very different from mine, wherein she has on parts of her scalp, ears and at the nape of her neck. It's red and irritated and it's causing harm on her self-esteem and I want to help her so badly. Her flakes fall off everywhere and she's not very good at expressing herself so she never really accepts my help. I'd just like to know if there are people active on this site. I'd like to know some of the treatments that were effective for you and how to help out my sister. Thanks !

Posted Mon 12 Jan 2015 00.19 by xjtdx
I am affected by psoriasis especially on the face/top of the head and have had it since I was 15/16 and I am currently 20 now

Ive had psoriasis for a few years now affecting my face and affected my self esteem and sometimes still does. Originally the are was flaky and red but after going to my doctors they gave me Hydrocortisone cream for the skin and even after two days I could really see the effect and people could barely notice I had it if not at all. Ive heard different things work for different people but in my opinion its worth to look into. Hope this helps.

Posted Sat 11 Jul 2015 19.22 by EQ

Hello! I've had psoriasis since I was 13 and I am now 19. In the last few years my psoriasis has flared up so much I have it almost everywhere you can think of now: arms, armpits, eyebrows, nose, ears, head, neck, breasts, back, lady parts and all over my legs and feet. I always found that a lot of creams that doctors prescribed were not the greatest and began to get so disheartened by the way I looked Monday this week I spotted a cream in Boots called Dermalex, it is a non steroid based cream and is not gloopy in any form, soaks into skin lovely! I have been using this 3-4 times a day as well as Aveeno moisturiser and bathing in Dead Sea Salts from Boots. Within 5 days my Psoriasis has taken a major turn and although it is still there it is not sore or scabby in the slightest, unfortunately it is still itchy but there is not a lot to change that I'm afraid. I've started using Oilatum shampoo and bath stuff as well which has proven to help me slightly. I would definitely push the fact that moisturising everyday at least 4 times a day helps on top of a cream and really helps the soreness and splitting of skin. I've tried so hard with my doctors and have ended up in there for half an hour crying my eyes out but to be honest stress and upset doesn't help your psoriosis one little bit, the more you stress about having it the worse it gets. Please try my treatment regime and let me know if it helps, I'm so much happier in myself now and have even managed a pair of shorts in this lovely weather. Keep your chin up, moisturise and keep trying different treatments until you find the right one x

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close