When should you tell?

Posted Sat 19 Nov 2011 12.51 by HelsBells

Hiya, there's someone I really like and I wanna spend a bit more time with him, but he doesn't know I have ps as I'm quite good at covering it up. When do you think I should tell him? And what do you think I should say? Really appreciate any help! :o)

Posted Tue 22 Nov 2011 14.24 by Hannah-tee (edited Sat 17 Dec 2011 21.20 by Hannah-tee)
Ive had it since i was 7, i am now 15. Really affected my self esteem and i constantly try to hide it.

I don't really think there is a good time to tell :S So i think you should tell him once you have build a good friendship and you think you can trust him to understand what you are going through. If you are good at hiding it i don't think he will mind it that much. As to what you should tell him just tell him what it is and say that he can ask you any questions about it, because from my experience its better if they feel they can ask questions about your psoriasis and get to understand what your going through :). Hope this helps :) xxxx

Posted Sat 17 Dec 2011 21.37 by Stephanie2011x (edited Mon 19 Mar 2012 03.19 by Bahamas)
My arms and legs are affected and feel self concious about it and have no confidence.

I've been seeing someone for a few months and still not spoke about it, i try my best to hide it, although he has more than likely seem it cos there's alot, he hasn't said anything, i suppose it's just when u feel comfortable? I've been in a few relationships and it's never been easy, i feel like if i show n tell them about it they will think im dirty n they might catch it. Wait till u see if this person is gonna stick about for a while cos if he aint then there's no point going through that for nothing, if it's gonna be long term then tell him when u feel comfortable and not a minute before :P If he's a good guy he will accept it, if not he aint worth spending time with.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 2012 09.28 by SummerRenn (edited Tue 21 Aug 2012 20.00 by jo jo)
Had it since I was six in my scalp, now I have it on my back, stomach, arms, legs, scalp and face

Well it depends where it is, like if it's on your arms or face, an obvious place you could just not cover it up. I don't really think you need to tell him, just don't hide it. It's not like it affects him at all so there doesn't need to be a confession. Otherwise just bring it into normal conversation like 'I've got to go to the GP to pick up my ointment tonight', and he can ask 'What for?' and you can say 'Oh, I have psoriasis, it's just this genetic skin condition - don't worry it's not contagious.' Then you can move on to a new topic of conversation.

Posted Tue 31 Jul 2012 01.56 by clarissasissons
i feel i have to cover up my body as i have guttate psorasis on my stomach, breasts, back, legs, arms and scalp, i feel i cannot have a inti

i tend just to be open about having psorasis, i explain what it is and always underline that it isnt contagious cause i reckon most people think it is, good luck :)

Posted Mon 13 Aug 2012 14.59 by faine.margaret.armstrong.loudmouth

say ' listen u proberly know that i like u ( if he says wot u say as a mate) say u might not really like me after what i show u but its part of me and if u cant handle that then yh ( show him) say its no whats in the out side its the inside and as long as u can snog'

Posted Tue 21 Aug 2012 19.59 by beckabooby. (edited Tue 22 Apr 2014 22.17 by Harry Marsh)

iv been with my boyfriend for two years now, i started getting psoriasis after the relationship had started, but my boyfriend doesnt mind at all! infact he probably reminds me to use my creams etc more than i remember myself. i am still insecure about them but thats expected, theyre hardly attractive are they? tell him when you feel comfortable! if you dont feel comfortable with them yourself your not going to feel comfortable about someone else knowing are you?

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close