Light Therapy

Posted Wed 27 Feb 2013 17.55 by Pollai
The fact that it is quite severe means that I've become quite anti-social. I can't even talk to people anymore.

Hey guys, My name is Mike and I am going to start light therapy in about two weeks. I am really looking forward to it as my condition is quite severe at the moment, I can barely use my hands! My question to you guys, if you've had this treatment of course is how long until you start seeing and feeling a difference? Is it comfortable staying in there standing for 15 minutes? Lastly, I was advised to buy a black jockstrap to wear during treatment to protect my genitals, I've been looking online and most of them look vular - I don't want to go in there looking silly lol, can any of you point me to somewhere I can get decent ones? Thank you!

Posted Sun 17 Aug 2014 12.57 by SorrelM
I am 17 and have had patches of psoriasis all over my body since I was young. When I was younger it didn't bother me as much. however more

I'm starting light treatment soon as well and was wondering how your finding it and if you have any tips? thankss :)

Posted Wed 27 Aug 2014 22.32 by JDalgleish95
I have had reasonably severe full-body psoriasis for 11 years.

Hi Mike, I've had a 3 month dose of light treatment and found the whole thing fine, no complaints! I wore a sock over my downstairs, more comfortable I found. Only downside I found to the treatment was that a couple of months after my treatment ended my psoriasis came back worse than it was before, but everyone's different! I know other who have basically been cured. Hope everything goes great.

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close