Struggling with everything.

Posted Mon 3 Jun 2013 14.32 by LozzyChase
I've had chronic plaque psoriasis and guttae psoriasis since the age of 3 and now I'm 18 years old.

I've had psoriasis since I was 3 years old and I'm now 18. I am struggling so much with day to day issues. The pain, the feel, the way it looks. I've tried everything from creams, to daily injections and all the different types of light treatment. The only thing that soothes the pain is coco butter. I feel so alone and that I'm just a freak for having scabs all over my body. Am I the only one who feels alone? How does everyone else cope with the pain and the looks? Could do with a chat with someone who knows how I feel.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 2013 03.10 by MJ1865 (edited Sat 15 Mar 2014 20.28 by scamlamb)

Hi there, Im Melissa and im currently studying Beauty Therapy and am doing a research project on Eczema, Dermatitis and Psoriasis. I suffer from eczema and dermatitis myself on my hands and i understand the physciological effects there but i am just wondering how psoriasis effects you? also was wondering if any of you wouldnt mind if you could fill out a questionnarie i have? and if you would be willing to share your experience with any treatment you have had Thanks :)

Posted Thu 20 Jun 2013 13.47 by Lollie93

Hi, I know exactly how you feel. I've had psoriasis since I was 11 I'm now 20. I think cocoa butter is great but another is aloe vera! All the creams are rubbish a total waste of time. I've also tried the heat treatment but that only clears it during the treatment period. Your never alone you'll be surprised how many sufferers there are. I had an experience when shopping once a woman looked at my skin and looked disgusted, since then my new motto is don't like it don't look at it! I still have odd days where I hate the way I look but I think in time you learn to deal with it! Hope this helps! Xo Also to Melissa I'd be more than happy to do a questionnare.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 2013 15.16 by Super_Smiles5
I've suffered with Psoriasis for quite a while now, on most parts of my body.

Don't worry. Everyone who has PSO understands how you feel, including me. I have to have the same treatments as you, and I hate it as we'll. I do 100% know how you feel. Always here if you need to talk x

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close