Methotrexate

Posted Thu 20 Dec 2012 19.31 by Katiejane90
Have suffered since age of about 12 and have been bullied because of my skin which has knocked my confidence in a great way

Hi, I've suffered with psoriasis for about 10 years now I have tried all the creams and light treatment so far nothing has helped other than natural sunlight. I saw a dermatologist who has suggested u start on methotrexate as I am covered and would be ridiculous me using creams and as the light doesn't work. I have read the side affects that methotrexate can cause at the age off 22 some if them worry me especially fertility. Has anyone else used methotrexate and had any side affects? And do you think it is worth taking? Thank you :)

Posted Tue 29 Jan 2013 12.41 by tes
Psoriasis warrior of 20 years. I have three young children. Too many flare ups to count. Body confidence 100%

Hi, I've used menthotrexate for a year, it's worth using i was covered from head to toe within months of taking the meds i had clear skin, Only problem you can't get pregnant as it can cause problems it doesn't affect your fertility.

Posted Wed 30 Jan 2013 03.14 by connormcg
I have psoriasis all over my body apart from my face and its a constant embarrassment for me to wear shorts or take a t-shirt off as it is v

Hi, I used methotrexate when I was 15 as the doctor recommended it as i suffer from psoriatic arthritis and even though it was prescribed for the arthritis i saw a massive difference in my psoriasis alone. I used to take 6 pills on a Saturday and it did use to make feel really sick and unwell on the Sunday and I decided to start injecting it every week instead which was painful and unpleasant but it definitely helped me alot and the doctor did mention some side effects involving fertility but if you can cope with these side effects you should definitely give it a go. Hope this helps :)

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close