Relationships!!!

Posted Mon 1 Dec 2014 17.03 by jayray
I have been affected by psoriasis for the past 4 years

Is it just me or there are others who feel the same, Since having psoriasis I have lost my confidence and I find it hard to start a relationship, actually I did try to go out at some stage but I had to answer endless amount of questions regarding my psoriasis and people think that it might be contagious and that they don't want to take any risks!!!!! (Thats what one my dates ended up telling me), Any ways I have given up specially since it has spread to the sensitive areas as well.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 2014 05.28 by EnverAnkay (edited Sun 20 Sep 2015 19.18 by JadeNewt19)
I have plague psoriasis all around my body including my feet, hands, arms, back, legs, stomach, chest, neck, face and scalp. It has caused m

Hey Jayray. Everyone with psoriasis will understand what you are going through. I've been through it over and over until I found someone who accepted me for who I am and that's what you need to look forward to. We didn't ask for this but it's here now so there is no need to hide away and waste you're life. Every now and then I get really depressed when my skin flares up but my partner is there for me.. Supporting me when ever I needed it. That's when you know you have found a keeper. By the way I am 18 years old, male and have psoriasis all over my body. Here's some advice for you and others who read... I used steroid creams that I bought from Turkey, which were the strongest possible. After using it twice my skin was nearly 100% but it came with many side affects.. Really bad and severe stretch marks, always being tired and the internal damage it caused. I've decided to stop and only moisturise. What will help is drinking plenty of water, eating right and the gym. Keeping healty and fit is key. Cut down on sugar and starchy foods has proved to help me too. It doesn't work overnight but just be patient. Hope I have helped

Posted Sun 20 Sep 2015 19.20 by hannahmo (edited Tue 24 Nov 2015 20.01 by Bastawi)
18 years old and I've had psoriasis since i was 14 :)

I'm a 15 year old girl and I feel the exact same thing! Telling them and hoping they'll accept you is the hardest thing ever!

Posted Thu 24 Mar 2016 03.02 by Alteara
I had my 'trigger' when I was 14, crazy things were happening with my friends and also my dad died. At first it was really bad. It destroyed

Getting past that first initial part of revealing it is hard, but anyone that doesn't want to be with you because of your skin doesn't deserve you. Fuck them off, someone always come along for everyone, I'm a 20 year old male with psoriasis all over, and I'm a strong relationship. Don't give up on love.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 2017 17.04 by Lowrilouise

My psoriasis knocks my confidence so much not only within romantic relationships but also with friendships and going to party's I feel scared to wear what I want am I the only one??

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close