I'm new and want to share my experience...

Posted Wed 27 Aug 2014 21.24 by JDalgleish95
I have had reasonably severe full-body psoriasis for 11 years.

Hello! My name is James and I have only just found out about this site, and after reading about others peoples experiences I wanted to post something about mine. I'm 19 (soon to be 20!) and I've had psoriasis since I was 8 years old. I have had everything from large lumps on my head, to large patches on my face, large patches on my back that have prevented me from bending over without being in pain, on and around my 'lower region' (shall we say). About 12 months ago I underwent UVB treatment for 3 months to treat the patches on my body. I had around 5 or 6 large-ish patches covering my front and back and pocadot patches all over my face and forehead. The treatment was, initially, amazing. Within 3 months all the psoriasis on my entire body was gone. I genuinely thought I was the closest I would ever be to 'cured', I was so so so so so happy. Unfortunately 2 months later the psoriasis came back, and much worse than I've ever experienced it before. I now have roughly 50 patches covering my body, and it's the worst it's ever been. However, I am now the happiest I have ever been with my psoriasis. I've managed to get used to the fact that I've got it, and it's not gonna get much better, and rather than feeling upset and self conscious and depressed about it like I used to I'm looking at it in a different went way; I may look unconventional but the people that matters to aren't people I care for. I've got into a routine of taking vitamin D and moisturising my body with Lush's Dream Cream up to 5 times a day and Sometimes I even forget I've got psoriasis!!

Posted Sun 31 Aug 2014 22.03 by FallOutGirlxo
Suffered with acute psoriasis on my forehead (cleared) Bad spots covering my back (clearing) Odd spots on arms and legs (maintainable)

Hi James, I'm Ellen and I'm 18. I have a similar story to yours only doctors insisted that I had eczema til I was about 13. You are similar to me in the way that you don't care about it anymore but keeping your skin clear feels so worth it. I have found Lush's products to be a godsend, I haven't used Dream Cream but I used Angels On Bare Skin on a rather severe part on my forehead and it cleared within a week, I also use Ocean Salt which makes it look less harsh and moisturise with Charity pot which has helped clear my back. If you haven't tried those products yet, they are definitely worth it, even if you just ask for a sample. It's good that you are feeling better now and I wish you the best in the future with taking care of your skin, I hope that the products I recommend help you as much as they helped me if you get around to trying them.

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close