I've given up on medical treatment, I don't deserve to live like this.

Posted Wed 26 Jun 2013 17.42 by E-Kim
I had my trigger when I was only 9. It all started with a few red dots on my elbows. Then my scalp started to itch. It stayed with me throug

I heard stress is usually the trigger to it, but I get this genetically. It is unfair that I have to live under the cloud while others enjoy a blissful life, just because it runs in my family. Mine is pretty severe, and the more I pay attention to it, it seems to only get worse. Therefore, I've given up on medical treatment. I don't want to apply stuff on my skin every single day, and I don't want to spend every shower of my life examining my body to see if the medicine worked. I never liked the smell. I don't deserve to live a life that I don't enjoy just because I have an illness that doesn't even affect my health. And I don't want to hide from people anymore, I deserve the crowd's attention just like everybody else. Suffering from a terrible disease like this is terrible enough, why should I care for other people's judgement when my life is already suffering? I'm not making it easier for myself. I don't think medicine will get rid of it, and I don't think keep whining or praying will make things work. I think I should at least try to live a normal life if that's what I want. I think other people's opinions are only minor, as long as I know I'm getting stronger and more confident every time I walk past them. I just want my life back. Now tell me what's wrong with that?

Posted Thu 6 Mar 2014 16.17 by TheExtraLargeMedium
I have severe psoriasis all over my body since the age of 13 and it has affected me physically and mentally.

Nothing is wrong with that!!! I'm a mixture between stress and hereditary so I know how you feel and I agree that why should we cover ourselves and hide just cause we have this skin condition but.....i cry......everynight I cry because of my skin condition and because it just wont go away and I thought the exact same as you but about a month ago it got that bad cause I wasnt applying my creams that I was actually crying in pain!!! My skin got that bad that a couldnt move!!! All I did was lie down on my bed or on the sofa in my living room!!! I couldnt even sit up to eat or drink because it hurt and my psoriasis was growing rapidly!!! My skin is still hurting every now and then but it has got a whole lot better since I started applying my creams regularly and im currently receiving uv treatment and I'm the girl who gets prickly heat from sunburn of it and it turns into psoriasis which puts my treatment back!!! I can completely understand how you feel but you just got to keep at it cause otherwise youll get like me or worse so just keep your chin up even though its hard and keep at it and it will get better :) I promise!!! Mimi Xoxo

Posted Sat 28 Jun 2014 20.50 by SoreSyan (edited Sat 28 Jun 2014 20.50 by tammy2004)
My whole life is affected by psoriasis . I just want to talk and it will hopefully get better:)

I know exactly how you feel I am 12, I inherited 5 conditions through my family, (although my two sisters are perfectly fine)! I cannot walk or even hold stuff because of pso, I get skitted a lot at school and I can't write I get nasty looks from people all of the time. I get annoyed because even though I cannot walk, I can't hav cruches because of my fingers. Also wheelchairs are not an option. I once thought about death as I didn't want to live my life any longer; it's unfair; why me? I am constantly crying and I have to see a council er once a week to sort my head out; they must think I'm a psychopath! My psoriasis has been with me since I was born; so I have had it for 12 years. It is just getting worse and bigger with age. I have tyres everything the hospital have to offer, I am in there 3-4 times a week and the only other option is tablets, but they don't want to give me it as I have a kidney problem and it will just make it worse! I need help desperately and I anyone knows anything, PLEASE TELL ME! Thanks

Posted Mon 30 Jun 2014 22.03 by abidover (edited Sun 23 Nov 2014 10.37 by bryan)
I have had guttate eversince I was four for nine years

Well I was diagnosed when I was four and ever since it has been a struggle of bouncing around between all sorts of treatments. Around my 13th birthday (around 3 months ago I started light therapy it was torture getting up at six thirty in the morning and being in school burnt and bright red. However my patches started to flatten out and become brown. I earned a tan too.Unfortunately my psoriasis returned and I'm back to square 1.

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close