just want some advice and support.

Posted Wed 10 Apr 2013 20.25 by ellouise
i have been affected with Guttate psoriasis im 14 years old and i was a confident and happy girl untill this psoriasis has covered my whole

im 14 years old and got guttate psoriasis which was formed by my sore throat which my doctor did not give me any medication for this! ive been diagnosed with guttate p and had it for about 3-4 months now. i was a confident normal girl until this happenend to me. i was in hospital for 3 days and was on a drip i was really ill with it. i am using creams and have started phototherapy. will this ever go? i just want to know.

Posted Tue 30 Apr 2013 19.52 by Hannah-tee
Ive had it since i was 7, i am now 15. Really affected my self esteem and i constantly try to hide it.

Sorry you had to wait so long for someone to get back to you! I' a 16 year old girl and I have had psoriasis for 9, almost 10 years. My main piece of advice would be to moisturize with aveeno moisturizer, that's what my dermatologist has advised to me and it really helps! I used to have confidence issues because of this too, but it gets easier, my friends understand what it is and everything and I guess that makes them more understanding towards me so I would advice talking to your close friends and making them aware about whats going on if you havn't already done so! It might go away but there isnt a cure for it, it tends to be a live with condition. It will get better though and not be as noticeable but there may be times in your life where it crops up again, like for me stress triggers mine so now I'm going through exams its getting worse. Hope this helps!

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close