Triggers - koebner, stress

Posted Fri 9 Nov 2012 00.45 by El
i have been affected by psoriasis for a lond time, at least it feels like a long time. I had it from when I was 6 or 7, but then it was only

Koebner trigger is where psoriasis can form on the site of injury to the skin I think that I have this as in places where I have falllen and cut myself I have psoriasis, but it doesnt always happen. I had a paper cut on my birthday last year and I remember getting really down because I thought I would get it there but i didnt. I guess what I am asking is for information and advice, should I worry about it and is it a trigger that can change? Can you have both this Koebner trigger and the stress trigger? any advice would be helpful

Posted Thu 6 Dec 2012 07.07 by jimjamz2204
Yes

My trigger was a throat infection

Posted Sat 16 Aug 2014 15.39 by SorrelM (edited Sun 31 Aug 2014 21.42 by millymoodylan)
I am 17 and have had patches of psoriasis all over my body since I was young. When I was younger it didn't bother me as much. however more

I have both triggers like you. I went to the hospital recently to look at new treatments and the doctor told me that psoriasis often occurs wherever you break the skin as that is where your body naturally produces more cells and our bodies just produce too many, it's not anything to worry about it's just annoying, but it doesn't happen to all of my cuts so try not to stress about it and maybe it'll get better :)

Posted Mon 18 Aug 2014 16.02 by lillywolf72
I feel very embarrassed as I feel people stear at me when I'm out in public. Although my friends have been very supporting of me. I feel pe

my psoriasis started when i had an allergic reaction to some hair dye (first time i ever dyed my hair). It started off as little scabs but eventually turned into psoriasis and spread now i'm covered.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 2014 21.42 by FallOutGirlxo
Suffered with acute psoriasis on my forehead (cleared) Bad spots covering my back (clearing) Odd spots on arms and legs (maintainable)

I have both stress and Koebner trigger. I didn't have Koebner as a child but I have had it for a few years now, I doubt it will go away but it's nothing to worry about as it's really easy to treat. Suffering from the Koebner trigger is annoying for me as I'm a fan of tattoos and piercings but my treatment clears it soon enough, and it means that my skin heals super fast so my piercings close faster than average. Koebner trigger isn't that bad as I've never got a huge, stubborn patch as a result of it. Stress definitely triggers mine too. For example before I flew to the US this year (I am an incredibly nervous flyer) my forehead flared up more than ever when it had been clear for a long time. Also when I've been stressed at work my arms will flare up with small patches of guttate psoriasis. I find stress triggered psoriasis a lot more stubborn and lengthy to get rid of.

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close