New to this. My two cents

Posted Thu 24 Mar 2016 02.23 by Alteara
I had my 'trigger' when I was 14, crazy things were happening with my friends and also my dad died. At first it was really bad. It destroyed

I had my 'trigger' when I was 14, crazy things were happening with my friends and also my dad died. At first it was really bad. It destroyed my social life for the better part of two years, I barely went to school and shrunk my friend group down to about three people. I was literally unhappy every second of every day. I'm 20 now, and it has improved a lot. I've had a lot of treatment (physically and psychologically) and I am functioning well in day to day life. I'm a bartender, with an active social life and a girlfriend. I still suffer with depression, although at this point I am realizing that it isn't all to do with psoriasis. A lot of the problems I have are a product of my skin condition and self imposed exile over those dark years. Although now they have manifested, I realize that the solutions are entirely unrelated to my disease. I'm still very young and am trying to make a full mental recovery, and I have come to terms with the fact that psoriasis is a life-long affliction, and that it is a part of me. I would love to hear any other stories, as I have had no one to talk to over all this time who truly understands what I went/am going through.

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close