Meeting People

Posted Tue 17 Jun 2014 18.52 by connormcg
I have psoriasis all over my body apart from my face and its a constant embarrassment for me to wear shorts or take a t-shirt off as it is v

Does anyone else find it really difficult to meet new people? I'm 19 and have a good social life and go out a lot with friends but whenever I talk to someone new I always get put of because of my psoriasis. As stupid as it may sound but especially when talking to people of the opposite sex I always get put of because of my psoriasis. Has anyone else had this problem or do you just tell the truth and be honest about your psoriasis?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 2014 18.36 by chloe_bhoe (edited Tue 18 Nov 2014 08.01 by maxine)
Severely. Feeling ill and very self conscious. Irritation also.

I feel exactly the same. I can't talk to people very easily. I get very nervous, very quickly. I turn all awkward. When i was younger and first had psoriasis i just told them straight and had confidence. But now, at 15, i have become very self conscious and my confidence has gone down hill. I feel like i can't tell people when i first meet them about my psoriasis, so i usually keep it inclosed and bottle up my feelings, when really i need to tell someone. You just need to stay positive and be proud of your psoriasis as difficult it may be. It is you and no one can change that. Chloe c:

Posted Mon 6 Oct 2014 20.01 by connormcg
I have psoriasis all over my body apart from my face and its a constant embarrassment for me to wear shorts or take a t-shirt off as it is v

Yeah horrible ain't it, meeting someone new then being put off by your psoriasis and that's really nice :) if only it was that easy haha

Posted Tue 30 Jun 2015 14.00 by isy9512
Psoriasis mainly on my arms, self-conscious especially in summer, embarrassed which prevents me from taking my hoodie or jumper off when I'm

I get what you mean. I'm 19 as well and my two best friends are heading off to uni this year so I need to get out there and make some new friends! I also get what you mean in terms of talking to the other gender! It's especially difficult talking to good looking boys haha. But I'm not a shallow person, you've got to remember than no one is perfect. Every one will have something wrong with them! I try to embrace other peoples imperfections, because that's what makes them different and unique. So even though psoriasis isn't particularly nice looking, there are worse things to have so I do count my blessings sometimes.

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close