Has PSO affecting anyone's nails?

Posted Wed 29 Jan 2014 11.02 by Chantelle-amyx
I literally have psoriasis every where! My scalp is covered, and every limb too! It has also affected my nails and completely made them all

I have severe psoriasis and with this all my nails have fell off and now I'm left with an awful appearance to them, it also affects the moments in my hands and often I find white liquid coming from under the nail? My doctors just say there not infected and it's just psoriasis but I know it's not right! Does anyone have advice for psoriasis in the nails? How to make appearance better and ease the pain? Many thanks xx

Posted Thu 6 Mar 2014 16.23 by TheExtraLargeMedium
I have severe psoriasis all over my body since the age of 13 and it has affected me physically and mentally.

I have psorisis under my nails but its not like what you're describing!!! The end of my nails tend to stick up and have a slight curl going in plus orangeish coloured spots in the nail!!! As for appearance; I just love to paint my nails plus no one can tell the difference with nail varnish on :D Mimi Xoxo

Posted Wed 12 Mar 2014 21.43 by Anyaaacahill

I am in a similar situation at the moment where it is under a few of my fingernails and a lot under my toenails. It is a horrible sight and annoying to deal with, extremely. Try to put your ointment sparingly and lightly on the inside of your nail,trying not to overtake the nail... Think of it as breathing for the psoriasis and your nail, don't over do it. Seeing as I go to school, I use nude nail varnish or clear nail varnish to avoid any attention to the area,

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close