I will not leave the house....

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2013 16.07 by billie17
I'm17 and have had psoriasis all my life, in flare ups...it has gotten in the way of my social life and has left me feeling self conscious a

Today is a really bad day... I'm having one of those 'I'm not going outside of the house' day's, I missed college today because my skin was so bad... I couldn't wear my make up because it just clings to it, I couldn't wear my hair up because it hurts and you can see it v around my hairline. Feeling down... and tbh pretty ugly.

Posted Fri 15 Mar 2013 20.43 by fluffypenguinx (edited Mon 22 Sep 2014 18.55 by leawills2000)
It has really affected my confidence and has made me very self concious ever since i began developing it.

i know exactly how you feel, i have those sort of days all the time. The trick is just to hold your head up high and not to care what other people think. I know that its a lot easier said than done but i've learnt to just ignore people's stares and questions. On the whole make-up front, foundation over psoriasis really doesnt work. I would really suggest using silkis though, it is a new ointment especcially for the face and it works really well, i found that most of the psoriasis on my face was gone within a few weeks! Just be careful with your hair, try not to put too much strain on it. Just because you have psoriasis doesnt make you ugly and talking to people who understand your situation will really help! Xxx

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close