What treatments are working for you?

Posted Mon 29 Jun 2015 15.38 by AnnaPhoebe28
Plaque psoriasis - legs and arms covered in lots of spots, face very dry and flaky, and starting to get it worse on my scalp - had a few iss

I'm Anna and I am 15. I have had psoriasis for 2 years now, and so far not had much success. I was referred to the dermatologist to get a more serious treatment, and am currently taking ciclosporin tablets, However they have not worked as well as the consultant hoped they would, and so I am going to hopefully be moved onto the methotrexate. In terms of topical treatments, the best ones that worked for me were pro topic for my face, and dobovet cream for the rest of my body. I hope his helps if you have run out of ideas :)

Posted Tue 30 Jun 2015 13.48 by isy9512
Psoriasis mainly on my arms, self-conscious especially in summer, embarrassed which prevents me from taking my hoodie or jumper off when I'm

Hi there, just wanted to let everyone know what's working for me. I was prescribed dovobet gel by my GP 3 weeks ago. My psoriasis is not a lot better. The awful bumpy texture has now gone and my psoriasis is now the same texture as my normal skin. The bright red colour has also gone down and is now a pale pink colour. Some of the smaller patches has disappeared completely. Now we're getting into summer I was worried about my skin being out and visible as I've never been out in public without a cardigan on! So I went to a skin camouflage clinic and the practitioner tried different colours and creams etc. I then went to my GP and got the make up prescribed. It's quite simple, you just use a small amount of the make up cream and either use a sponge or make up brush to apply to the psoriasis. Then after that you put the setting powder on the top. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that my psoriasis completely disappears! I went out for the first time without a cardigan on a few days ago and it felt amazing! I can definitely recommend the camouflage service to anyone whose psoriasis is particularly bad or noticeable or if it affects their confidence. The website is called Changing Faces. If you go on the website you'll be able to find the skin camouflage service on there, you can complete a self referral form and they'll contact you when an appointment becomes available. I cannot recommend it enough, and I wish I'd found out about it sooner! If anyone wants to know more about my experience be with it then let me know! Isy x

Posted Sat 11 Jul 2015 19.25 by EQ

Hello! I've had psoriasis since I was 13 and I am now 19. In the last few years my psoriasis has flared up so much I have it almost everywhere you can think of now: arms, armpits, eyebrows, nose, ears, head, neck, breasts, back, lady parts and all over my legs and feet. I always found that a lot of creams that doctors prescribed were not the greatest and began to get so disheartened by the way I looked Monday this week I spotted a cream in Boots called Dermalex, it is a non steroid based cream and is not gloopy in any form, soaks into skin lovely! I have been using this 3-4 times a day as well as Aveeno moisturiser and bathing in Dead Sea Salts from Boots. Within 5 days my Psoriasis has taken a major turn and although it is still there it is not sore or scabby in the slightest, unfortunately it is still itchy but there is not a lot to change that I'm afraid. I've started using Oilatum shampoo and bath stuff as well which has proven to help me slightly. I would definitely push the fact that moisturising everyday at least 4 times a day helps on top of a cream and really helps the soreness and splitting of skin. I've tried so hard with my doctors and have ended up in there for half an hour crying my eyes out but to be honest stress and upset doesn't help your psoriosis one little bit, the more you stress about having it the worse it gets. Please try my treatment regime and let me know if it helps, I'm so much happier in myself now and have even managed a pair of shorts in this lovely weather. Keep your chin up, moisturise and keep trying different treatments until you find the right one x

Posted Wed 2 Dec 2015 12.06 by emilych
I have had psoriasis on my scalp for over 7 years now and only now am i seeing vast results with a regime of dovobet. I am also currently tr

I am currently on regime of putting Dovobet on my skin every night and finding that this has been the most effective course of treatment that i've had yet. I even saw results just after two days.

Posted Mon 25 Jan 2016 20.29 by isy9512
Psoriasis mainly on my arms, self-conscious especially in summer, embarrassed which prevents me from taking my hoodie or jumper off when I'm

I'm exactly the same, I used dovobet when I get flair ups, and it see results in just 2 days. It's a brilliant treatment, I almost started giving up looking for treatments when my doctor suggested it.

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close