Ear Piercing

Posted Sat 29 Oct 2011 10.33 by HelsBells

Can you get your ears pierced when you have psoriasis? How about your belly button?

4 Posted Sun 30 Oct 2011 16.05 by clarissa17 (edited Sat 19 Nov 2011 04.06 by clarissa17)
people ask what it is and its hard to explain because people dont really understand they just think it is dry skin or when its on my scalp t

do you have psorasis in your belly button or ear area?

4 Posted Tue 1 Nov 2011 22.42 by floppy20 (edited Thu 24 Nov 2011 01.20 by floppy20)
I was diagnosed with psoriasis when I was 17 (actually, I pretty much diagnosed myself as the Doctor didn't really have a clue...) I was t

I think that should be fine, I would recommend you ask your doctor first though. :)

4 Posted Sat 5 Nov 2011 13.56 by HelsBells (edited Sun 20 Nov 2011 21.39 by HelsBells)

Thanks peeps - don't have ps in belly button area at the min.....so think I'll risk it :-)

4 Posted Sun 6 Nov 2011 15.31 by H (edited Tue 3 Dec 2013 20.34 by H)
I've been dealing with psoriasis for as long as i can remember i'm now 18 years old and have been through alot dealing with it. i have it se

ive had both peircings done my ears were fine although i don get psorasis behind my ears sometimes but i had my belly done and my body rejected it and the place where i had it pierced turned into a patch of psoriasis but it may not be the same for everyone all you can do is try and see x

Posted Tue 31 Jul 2012 20.17 by Alice
I have active scalp, facial, torso and genital psoriasis. The very first time I got psoriasis, I was about 5 years old. This didn't last for

I have psoriasis behind and in front of my ears and a little bit on my ears and I have them pierced and it's absolutely fine for me. I can't offer any advice on the belly button though unfortunately. Alice :)

Posted Fri 28 Sep 2012 07.26 by pindy92
i suffer from Psoriasis and Psoriatic Spondyloaropathy

i have ear piercings and they are fine although i would say you need to leave the first studs in for 10 weeks not 6 as they say, but be carefull, i had my eye brow pierced and it ripped my skin as the Psoriasis thined the skin

Posted Wed 17 Jul 2013 10.37 by madeline
Plaque psoriasis

Ye it's fine I have my ears pierced and u can get it behind ur ear but that has nothing to do eith the ear piercing

Posted Tue 3 Dec 2013 20.36 by mojo
i have it very bad all over my scalp and not as bad batches all over my body

yeah i think it will be fine i got my ears pierced and i get psoriasis on my ear

Posted Thu 3 Apr 2014 18.34 by isy9512
Psoriasis mainly on my arms, self-conscious especially in summer, embarrassed which prevents me from taking my hoodie or jumper off when I'm

I have psoriasis on my ears and about a year ago I got my scaffold pierced and it was absolutely fine, didn't affect it or make it worse and it is still fine now :)

Posted Wed 9 Apr 2014 19.19 by Cavity Of The Auroral Mind
It's always been a part of my life so I can't say for sure. It has made me self conscious about my hair as I have scalp psoriasis. I'm not t

I have PSO around and in my ears. I also have 4 ear piercings on both ears. I haven't have any problems with them so... ^_^

Posted Wed 27 Aug 2014 20.52 by JDalgleish95
I have had reasonably severe full-body psoriasis for 11 years.

Hey, I've got pretty severe full-body psoriasis and have plenty of pierces on my ears, even got tattoos! Just leave plenty of healing time :)

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close