Scalp psoriasis, what treatments work?

Posted Fri 23 Apr 2021 02.04 by Leahm2002

Hi. I would really appreciate any help at all. I just recently developed psoriasis in the past couple of months and it initially started on my scalp. From here it has just got worse and worse... spreading onto my body so I now have small patches of guttate psoriasis over my body and for a short period of time I had inverse psoriasis as well. However this was caught early on and with creams it quickly disappeared. I have read up a lot about psoriasis on the scalp and a common theme is that it bleeds when it is picked... I haven’t had this experience and was just wondering if it was normal? When picked mine doesn’t bleed it’s more of a clear liquid? I have tried every treatment the doctors can give me, coal tar creams, tgel shampoos, Betamothasones. Nothing works for me. I am only 18 and it’s starting to get more noticeable and embarrassing...any advice would be really appreciated x

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you. If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them. Close