Your stories

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 6.31am by Simon.hope98
Hi my name is Simon, I’m 19 and have had psoriasis since the age of 8. I’ve been through treatments and would like to help people!

Hey guys,

I’m curious to see if your stories are similar to mine. I’m a 19 year old uni student who has had psoriasis for 10 years. It started after my nan passed away. I guess the stress of losing my nan and being confused on my sexuality started the first spots to grow. Then after that I lost other grandparents and it got worse. I remember I was going through secondary school and slowly I started to cover myself up more and more. Getting changed in P.E was a nightmare. The whispers and laughs were torture. When I went into sixth form the hospital finally decided I was of age to have treatment. I was on phototherapy which didn’t work for me. Then I was put on the tablets circlsporin which helped massively. Gave me a year break from it as I had no skin. Enough of a break to meet my uni friends. Now I’m seeking the tablets again. I have 60-70% coverage over my whole body including on my scalp and nails. But I tell my story to help others. I want you guys to pull strength because this condition is bad but you can still be the true you. If you feel depressed it is okay to feel that. But there are people who understand. Friends and family are there. Don’t push them away.

If you have any questions guys, don’t hesistate to reply.

Thanks

Simon

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
Fax :
01604 251 621
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Registered Charity: 257414 Scotland: SC039886 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.