Psoriasis Awareness Week 2019
This year's Psoriasis Awareness Week will run from Monday 28th October to Sunday 3rd November, with World Psoriasis Day taking place on Tuesday 29th October.
Plans are now well underway for Psoriasis Awareness Week 2019 and we are pleased to announce that this year's theme will be treating psoriasis before, during and after childbirth.
Would you like to get involved in our campaigning and help us create a new resource based on this year's theme? You can help us out by getting in touch to share your own tips and experiences! We'd be particularly interested in your answers to the following questions:
- We are interested to hear about your experiences of managing and treating your psoriasis when planning a family. What tips and information would you want other parents to know who are thinking about, just had, or about to have children regarding treating their psoriasis?
- Considering having children is exciting, however how to manage your psoriasis whilst trying to conceive, or throughout pregnancy can be daunting. What would you advise people with psoriasis to ask their doctor about when thinking about having a baby?
- When planning a family, some people’s medications may change as your doctor advises you on what is safe when trying to conceive, pregnant or breastfeeding. Did you have any concerns or worries about treating your psoriasis when you were planning a family, and what advice would you give to others having similar concerns?
- Becoming a parent can be exhausting. What are your tips for managing a treatment routine and caring for your psoriasis when you have a little one to look after?
- What advice would you give to someone whose partner has psoriasis, so that they can best support them with managing their psoriasis treatment when they are either pregnant or have young children?
Please send your thoughts to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want YOU to get involved with Psoriasis Awareness Week!
We want as many people as possible to be involved in Psoriasis Awareness Week 2019, so we are encouraging you to organise an event or fundraiser to help spread the message of Psoriasis Awareness Week!
If you would like to organise an event, then let us know by emailing us on email@example.com so we can add your activities to a list of events taking place throughout the week!
You can request materials such as flyers and information leaflets from the Psoriasis Association and hand these out to people to raise awareness. You may want to set up an information stand at work, school or university to help to educate people about the impacts of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
If you would prefer to fundraise during the week we have some great ideas for people of all ages, and all interests here.
We can’t wait to see what you get up to!