UVB treatment

Posted Thu 22 Dec 2011 10.57 by GeorgiaD.13
Yes, i first suffered it when i was 9, it stayed until i was 10 and a half and came back a few days after i turned 11. I am now 13 and im ha

At the moment i am undergoing UVB treatment so far it has worked really well but recently i have been feeling a sort of burnt feeling in different bits of my body for example my back but it doesn't look burnt. I have told the nurses but it's still getting sore. can anyone suggest any creams etc. i would be grateful. :)

Posted Fri 6 Jan 2012 09.27 by RGKnott (edited Wed 8 May 2013 14.24 by L1ttle22)
I've had psoriasis since I was about 11. It started in a small patch on my neck, and now it's spread to pretty much every part of my body

Hey :) I'm pretty sure I can help, I was the first person in the UK to pass out during UVB Treatment, not a title I'm proud of but oh well haha.. Umm when I was undergoing the treatment I had the same problems. I'd advise using a cream called Epaderm, that worked miracles for the burning. Also try Oilatum for bath/shower. As well as that, if you drink milk a lot, with tea or cerial etc, stop drinking it, and switch to soya milk. Something about normal makes psoriasis worse and I think it enhances the chances of burning during UVB, at least that's what I found. I may just be going crazy :P If there's anything else, give me a shout; RGKnott@Hotmail.Co.Uk :) x

Posted Mon 13 Aug 2012 12.53 by faine.margaret.armstrong.loudmouth

im going under that i got told to use diprobase and non purfeumed moisturizer i dont know if it will work coz its my 1st time xx ask me on twitter if u want any more help @fainexloony or email me at loony-4@hotmail.co.uk and thats for any one

Posted Wed 8 May 2013 14.28 by psoscott
I have suffered with psoriasis since the age of 7 i am now 17, it has affected me in self consiecness aswell as pain, stress, annoyance and

Hello there, I went through 3 courses of UVB and PUVA treatment, 2 courses were just simpy using the sunbeds for the course period, the PUVA one is controlled with the Dr closely aswell as taking a medication that opens your skin to the light letting more uv rays through, this treatment is the one that caused me the most problems with pain/sores/itchyness/redness you get the drift? Anyhow, the best way to solve this is try keeping your body at a cooler temperature, I mainly felt it at night and I would have to get up at say 2,3,4 am in the night and be half asleep jumping in a cold temrature shower, this was a bit of a pain but it eased it of alot, stick to the diprobase cream thats a corker for cooling and relaxing the psoriasis too. I also found the more I thought about the pain/soreness the more it would occur so even though it is hard try and put it to the back of your mind.

To take part, sign in or register with us

Reply to this discussion

You must be registered with us if you wish to comment on this discussion.

Please sign in or click here to register.